Friday, February 27, 2009
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
- I'm tired, just plain tired and exhausted from the lack of sleep. I haven't really had a good night of sleep since I started chemo
- I'm tired of dealing with cancer & chemo, and there's still radiations to come
- I'm tired of dealing with a child that can't handle this situation by showing it in forms of tantrums & moodiness. I have had enough too, my patience & understanding is running low right now
- I'm tired of my taste buds acting funny or just plain being gone. I want to taste & enjoy my food again
- I'm tired of all the little aches & pains. I can't even empty my dishwasher without my hip starting to hurt or stand up for too long before my hip hurts
- I'm tired of my constant bloody nose
- I'm tired of the lymphedema in my foot. After 3.5 years, I FINALLY had it under control. My foot is back to being huge, maybe worst than it was before. The skin is tight, uncomfortable and it hurts
- I'm tired of the fatigue
- I'm tired of not having energy or desire to do much
- I'm tired of gaining weight with every treatment due to the steroid. I've gained almost 5 lbs with each round of chemo, my clothes don't fit and I'm about ready to spend the next few months in sweat pants! I'm really being careful right now, I've cut down on my comfort milk shakes but the steroids are still doing their trick and I'm getting bigger by the minute :(
- I'm tired of being stucked in my house, having to be careful about being near people JUST in case I get a bad infection. What a worse time to go through chemo than a bad Flu Season!
- I'm tired of being a germ freak, this isn't me
- I'm tired of not knowing what to expect, each treatment has acted differently so far
- I'm tired of being poked by needles
I know! Lovely update! I'm just plain physically and emotionally exhausted right now. Maybe it's because I would already be done with chemo if I only had to do 4 treatments versus 6? I don't know, I really should just sit in front of a chick flick and get a good cry!
Monday, February 23, 2009
This past treatment has been fairly easy as far as side effects, although I have been overly more tired. I haven't been sleeping well since chemo started. I typically wake up either sweating or freezing. I wake up a lot & toss a lot. I'm really looking forward to a good night of sleep when this is all over.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Once treatment is over and that I can move on with my life, I do plan on becoming someone's Angel. I think it's a great program. If you have some extra time and would like to make someone smile, sign up and become someone's Angel. If you don't have time, there's other ways you can help out Chemo Angels.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Other my my taste buds, this week seems to be going well.
We're now half through the school year with Jerome. The books I've been using is divided in 10 sessions. Jerome took the test for the 5th session this morning. He's doing great and we're so proud of him. He will be 6 in April and he can already read in English & in French! I'm impressed, he's getting better everyday. Felix is patiently waiting for his turn to start school, we'll start working on his reading soon.