Tuesday, March 3, 2009

No Shot Today :)


I can skip the Neulasta shot! WOOHOO!!!!

I just called my oncologist office to check if I can redo my blood work today, but because I did chemo yesterday, she said no, too late, my blood count is already out of whack! But she re-checked my counts, talked to a few people and she said I'm OK to skip, my counts are OK, there was some kind of mix up. I haven't needed it so far and blood work was done 4 days prior to chemo. She said we'll try it this time and next round, I'll get my lab done on that Monday morning. I'm so glad since it looks like this round will be a rougher one. Woke up to nausea this morning and some other intestinal problems :( Trying the nausea pills right now, I'm not sure it's doing much.

With that said, I'm not quite sure how low my counts are so I still need to be extremely careful about getting any types of infection. While my counts are normal, I believe they're on the low end of normal. We're still in full blown FLU Season!

No comments: