Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow Day :)


We woke up to 6 inches of snow this morning. The kids were thrilled and couldn't wait to head outside. We ate breakfast, dressed them warm, grabbed our crazy carpets and headed out to have some Winter fun sledding. We came back in for some hot cocoa then rushed out to chemo. Hot cocoa was nicer ;)

It's quite empty in here today, they're still open but lots of cancellation. I'm going to quit complaining, we just found out that the man sitting across from me is in for 10 months of chemo! Plus he has to take it home for 5 days after each rounds. Yeah, I'm done complaining!

Only 1 round to go! There IS a light at the end of the tunnel. Although the bad news is that I will need to come back tomorrow to take the Neulasta shot. My White Blood Count didn't come back to high, high enough for chemo but without the shot, I might land myself in the ER if I get an infection. I'm not too happy about it, had I done my blood work today instead of Thursday, I might have been able to do without. I'm in for some severe joint & bone pains over the next few days. Oh well....

No comments: