Friday, January 30, 2009

Cleaning For a Reason

I heard of this great foundation on a message board Cleaning For a Reason, they offer free cleaning services on a monthly basis to cancer patient. They came this past Monday and scrubbed my entire house from top to bottom in an hour. They're quick! And my house smelled so clean and looked great for about 2-3 hours until the kids started making a mess again ;) They'll be coming here once a month for 4 months, which will be very helpful since I'm usually back to my normal self on the 3rd week of the cycle.

Otherwise, this cycle has been treating me OK. Not too many funky side effect this time around (so far!). I did get a new rash, but it left as quickly as it came. I am definitely going through a chemo induced menopause with all the hot flashes that comes with it. At first I thought it was great ;) But then I realized that it's only temporary, when chemo is over, due to my age, my body will be acting normal again, meaning I'll be going through menopause twice. Not so great.

The boys seem to be handling it better now. We're getting less tantrums over nothing. Jerome was the worst for this, he's doing better. They're back with their skating classes which they love, I think it's helpful to them.

No comments: