Saturday, December 6, 2008

Can I repeat it, I was not expecting that procedure to be THAT painful! But I finally got a good night sleep last night and feeling much better this morning.

We went in for the chemo teaching on Thursday. We didn't really learn anything new, she mostly talked about what to expect as far as side effects and when to call in. I was a bit disappointed as I was hoping to learn about different foods to avoid and which ones would be good during treatment and to help prevent a future recurrence. She pretty much said that I could keep on eating normally and whatever I wanted to eat. Before leaving the Cancer Center, I made an appointment with a nutritionist, hopefully she'll be able to tell us all about good & bad food.

I have 2 days until chemo starts. I'll be sitting in chair 12! from 11AM-2PM on Monday. I am amazingly not too nervous about it. They have a great Breast Cancer website with loads of information and I have met a bunch of woman on their message board that are going through chemo in December, and quite a few have started the same treatment I'll be doing last week. I am finding it very encouraging to hear that they're having almost no side effects. I'm aware that everyone reacts different ways to these drugs, but I'm hoping for the best.

No comments: