Monday, December 29, 2008

2 down, 4 to go :)

My second infusion today went a lot better than last time. Pretty, I wasn't so scared, panicked & angry about it. They were backed up from Christmas & New Year, so we stayed for about 4 hours. Even though we were there longer, it went a lot faster.

I applied for my citizenship in June 2007, 18 months ago, and finally got my interview next Monday. Luckily for me, no doctor appointment that day :) Steve helped me practice for my citizenship test while we were sitting through chemo. I think I'll pass!

Before chemo was over, I got my lab test back for my blood count and it all still looks great. No need to go back tomorrow for the Neulasta shot that helps boost the White Blood Count (WBC). I was so thankful about that as it supposedly creates lots of body aches and joint pains through your body. I guess it pays some to be young going through this. My WBC did go down some from last treatment, but still in great shape and it probably is normal for it to fluctuate some. We'll see what happens next time.

I managed to drink plenty of fluid today, water is finally tasting good again but I am expecting to go back to distilled water next week-end. It does help to know what I have to look forward to over the next 3 weeks. I'm getting ready to go to night and say goodbye to my taste buds that should be gone in the morning. I'm sad, they've only been back for about 5 days... Ah, but I did get to enjoy my Christmas dinner, isn't it what I said was the only thing I wanted for Christmas :)

No comments: