Friday, December 19, 2008

Day 12

I woke up this morning and ran my hand in my hair, as usual, and it started coming out! I was not expecting it, not that soon. The women I've been in contact with are all loosing on Day 14. I know, it's just 2 days, but 2 days is a lot when you're in denial! I know they're going, but I still don't have the guts to just shave. Right now, it's just shedding, no clumps yet.

Otherwise, it's been a fairly good week. My pains & aches are about gone. I still get fatigued quicker and my taste, well that's plain GONE! Most people talk about it coming back about a week into the treatment, I'm not sure if I should be expecting mine at all before it's all over. We went to a dietician yesterday and she gave me the ok to drink as many milkshakes as I want :) She did tell me to add protein powder to it so that they would be slightly more nutritionous. Otherwise, she wasn't that helpful. I was looking to find out EXACT food to eat or avoid and she gaves more of a general idea, like getting on a low fat diet.

I did go to the doctor for my earache, she said no infection. Altough Jerome does have a bad cold and she gave me a few masks that he has been wearing to protect his mommy from getting sick. He's such a good sport :)

Now just trying to get ready for Christmas!

No comments: